Google+ House Revivals: Craft Storage From Altered Tins

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Craft Storage From Altered Tins

I love a good upcycling project, and these upcycled Altoids tins are no exception.


I have some lovely sets of Melody Ross debossing tools, but while the alphabets and numbers came in beautiful tins, some of the smaller sets came in blister packs.



I needed a way to organize and store my extra debossing sets.


I looked around my life, and realized I had several empty Altoids tins in the junk drawer. They were the perfect size to store a small set of dies.

After washing the tins, I added decorative duct tape to the bottom inside of the tins.


Next, I cut down the foam blocks the dies came in, and placed then snugly inside the tins.


At first I placed the packaging chart (that showed the contents of the set) on the inside lid, but I ended up moving the chart to the outside bottom of the tin, so I would know what was in it.


I store these tins in a basket with all the rest of my debossing tools.


The tins make me happy every time I see them.


To see how I decorated the outsides of the tins, see this tutorial.


To see how to make your own mini travel art kit, click here.


Instructions for the mini composition notebook art journal are in the pipeline -- stay tuned!

If you enjoyed this post, be sure to subscribe to House Revivals, so you won't miss any of the great projects we have planned. Like and subscribe to us on Facebook, and find us on Instagram, too.

Thanks for stopping by!